Health Tip of the MonthPrevent & Cure Heel Pain (Plantar Fascilities)
Reasons for your Heel Pain
- Faulty foot structure (for example, overly flat feet, high-arched feet).
- Wearing non-supportive footwear on hard, flat surfaces.
- Pain on the bottom of the heel.
- More severe pain in the morning (just arising from the bed).
- Pain worsen over a period of time.
Avoidance and Home Remedy
- Stretching Exercises: Exercises that stretch out the calf muscles. Following is a list of such exercises that might help prevent heel pain or make existing heel pain better (or go away):
- Avoid Going Barefoot: When you walk without shoes, you put undue strain and stress on your plantar fascia. Hence, always keep a supportive shoe on.
- Shoe Modifications & Replacement: Wearing supportive shoes that have good arch support and a slightly raised heel reduces stress on the plantar fascia. If you are a runner/jogger, try to replace your shoe every 300-400 miles. Also try to get a shoe from a local running store who can verify the kind of shoe you need.
|- Longsitting Achilles Stretch (also known as Towel Stretch)|
|In the seated position with your legs straight, loop a towel around the ball of one foot and gently pull back. You should feel a stretch in your calf. Hold this stretch for 20 to 30 seconds, then relax. Do this 10 times on one foot, and then switch to the other foot.|
|- Gastroc Achilles Stretch:|
|Stand facing a wall, with one foot in front of another. Lean forward with your hands on the wall and your back straihgt. Bend the front leg, leaving the rear leg straight and keeping both heels on the floor. Continue until you feel a gentle stretch. Hold for 20 seconds, then repeat with the other leg frward. Do 1 set of 5.|
|- Soleus Achilles Stretch|
|STand facing a wall, with one foot in front of anpther. lean forward with your hands on the wall and your back straight upright. Bend both leg slightly, keeping both heels on the floor. Continue until you feel a gentle stretch. Hold for 20 seconds, then repeat with the other leg forward. Do 1 set of 5 repetitions.|
|- Marble Pickup|
|Increasing agility of the foot improves overall mobility. Use your toes to pick up several marbles, dropping them, one at a time, into a cup. Do 1 set of 30.|
|- Toe Flexion|
|Sit on a chair with your heels on the floor. Now curl your toes as far as possible. Hold for 5 seconds. Relax and straighten your toes. Do 1 set of 30.|
|- Toe Curling, Single Leg|
|With foot resting on a towel, slowly bunch towel as you curl up toes. [Don't worry if the towel is not bunching up. Keep doing it.] Do 1 set of 30.|
|- Floor Board calf Stretch|
|Stand near a wall with one foot on the floor and the other inclined on the fwall (The heel on the floor and toes on the wall). Now try to come closer to the wall with your inclined foot intact. You may lift the other foot up. Continue this until you feel a gentle stretch. Hold for 20 seconds and then repeat with your other leg. Do 1 set of 5.|
- Setting the new standards in maintenance and desemination of medical and fitness information and records.
- Transforming lives around the world to the next greater level.
- To be the best professional company for our customers and members for Elctronic Health Record as well as for Elctronic Fitness Record.
- Commitment: Transforming our customer's business through the creation of multi-channel experiences that inspire and strengthen dynamic connections among people, businesses, partner channels, and communities.
- Best People: Attracting and mentoring the best talent for our business, stretching their creativity and developing a "can do" attitude.
- Value Creation: Enhancing our customer's business performance, developing long-term mutually favourable relationships, and focusing on execution excellence and customor ROI.
- Science and technology have great potential to improve lives in our society and around the world.
- We advocate - vigorously but responsibly - in our area of focus.
- We must be humble and mindful in our action and words. We seek and heed the counsel of outside voices.