Health Tip of the Month
So you think you are healthy enough?
Take a simple S-R Test
Dr. Claudio Gil Araujo, MD, PhD, a specialist in exercise and sports medicine at Clinica de Medicina do Exercicio - Clinimex, in Rio de Janeiro Brazil, have invented SRT Sit-and-Rise-Test) to easily measure non-aerobic physical fitness. According to Dr. Araujo, this SRT determines your longivity as well as your quality of life.
Steps to take the S-R Test
- Wear loose comfortable clothes and no shoes
- Choose a open space for the test
- Stand with your legs crossed over each other.
- Now, sit down on the floor with your legs still crossed. Your butts should be on the floor.
- Then, Stand up. Again maintain your crossed legs position.
- Sitting down: 5 points
- Rising Up: 5 Points
- Total Points: 10 points
- Now, Calculate the demerit points:
- 1 point for everytime you tried to take a support of your hand either while sitting down or rising up.
- One half (0.5) point for everytime you lost your balance while sitting down or rising up
- Add points of previous two steps.
- Subtract total demerit points from overall 10 points.
- 8.0 - 10 points = GREAT
- 6.0 - 7.5 points = GOOD
- 3.5 - 5.5 points = FAIR
- 0.0 - 3.0 points = POOR (Person with score in this range is 6.5 times more likely to die than those who scored higher.)
According to the study by Dr. Araujo, the more you improve your score, the better your mortality rate.
- Setting the new standards in maintenance and desemination of medical and fitness information and records.
- Transforming lives around the world to the next greater level.
- To be the best professional company for our customers and members for Elctronic Health Record as well as for Elctronic Fitness Record.
- Commitment: Transforming our customer's business through the creation of multi-channel experiences that inspire and strengthen dynamic connections among people, businesses, partner channels, and communities.
- Best People: Attracting and mentoring the best talent for our business, stretching their creativity and developing a "can do" attitude.
- Value Creation: Enhancing our customer's business performance, developing long-term mutually favourable relationships, and focusing on execution excellence and customor ROI.
- Science and technology have great potential to improve lives in our society and around the world.
- We advocate - vigorously but responsibly - in our area of focus.
- We must be humble and mindful in our action and words. We seek and heed the counsel of outside voices.